Insurance e-applications


2007 till now Java, Oracle, JSF, Dedicated Team

Azati developed online application forms entry for automated process of application management: initial form submission, missing information gathering process, process of decision making, and insurance quote acceptance process.


Manual paperwork to gather and process prospective client information became the thing of the past with its time-consuming and expensive flow:

  • 60% of all applications were received by fax or mail, and the remaining 40% – by phone;
  • Expensive transition of gathered data into diverse processing storages;
  • Information gathering process required involvement of various specialists: blank distributors, customer fulfilments, customer service managers, data validators, etc.
  • Inconclusive candidate source data: retrieving excess information for review, or vise versa dealing with insufficient data that requires considerable review time and human resource


As a part of integrated Self Serve portal, Azati has developed automated online forms for entry customer data. Main features of the forms are the following:

  • Self-completion and submission of an insurance application from a client side;
  • 24/7 availability;
  • Validation layer of insurance eligibility data based on business rules prior to submission;
  • Form versions and supplements for specific locations and time intervals;
  • Automated applications processing as a part of business flow;
  • Immediate digital transmission of information and case creation;
  • Automated premium estimation;
  • Automated insurance quote generation;
  • E-signature for submissions;
  • Online requests for policy adjustment;
  • Soft copies entry process is easily outsourced;
  • Attachment of additional documentation;
  • Impersonation of form filling;
  • PDF on-the-fly generation


Investing in online applications support offered benefits to customers and the company alike. Customers now get what they want faster and company decrease its service costs. The benefits include:

  • Significant speedup of the application processing and quote approval:
    • A new and exciting direct-to-consumer proposition utilizing both the Internet and call center where less than 45% of applications are sent in paper form and 80% of policy adjustments are received online;
    • Versions of applications based on the state and/or effective date;
    • Intelligent data entry and reflexive questioning;
    • A detailed electronic underwriting process with a complete ruleset and flexible decisions achieving around 40% straight-through processing;
    • Average completion time for the online application process of approximately 30 minutes end-to-end;
  • Strong sales results exceeding the insurance carrier’s production expectation:
    • Increased detection of potential clients;
    • Automated communications to candidates with increased submission ratio;
    • The human factor minimized for application submission


  • Java
  • Oracle DB
  • Spring
  • JBoss Drools
  • Jboss EAP
  • AJAX
  • TestNG
  • JSF2/Icefaces
  • JUnit
  • Liferay
  • Jenkins
  • Subversion
  • Apache Maven
  • Javascript